Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Rise & Shine ~
I've wanted to make one of these mosaics for the longest time and finally found the link!Yippee!






Some of you have emailed me about the windows in my header and here they are ~ you can also find them under my older posts for (2006).

Most of them are sold but I do have some that aren't ~ so if you are interested in any of them just leave me a comment or email me!



Edit:
OOPS! there are two pics of one window.


I'm lovin' this getting up early and getting things done before the boys get up. Not something I'm used to as I'm neither a morning person or a night owl. I got up this a.m. at 6:15 and decided that my room need some much needed dusting and de-cluttering. So, I made the bed, put down a sheet over my comforter and cleared every surface in the room and wiped it down and polished it. I love the smell of Old English oil. My room is sparkly and clean ~ one room down too many to go. I figure by the time I tackle the last room it will be time to get back on the first. I should make a list and go down it and just repeat it to make sure that it's done in order. Have I mentioned what an ADD/HD OCD cleaner I am? I get in one room, get sidetracked and by the time I'm finished I'm on a completely different projec then when I started and none of them are really finished. Maybe a list will help me with that. Enough about that.







I love the old celing tiles above my headboard (thanks to
my friend Nancy in NE she has a huge bldg. that is loaded with things her and her hubby have collected, picked up at auctions, ebay, etc. to include an antique fire engine - thankfully the bldg. has a bay parking area like it was made for that truck! I'm looking forward to visiting this summer to see what else I can find in that treasure chest of an old gym. The old rocker is a platform rocker and was my great-grandmothers ~ I have fond/painful memories of putting my fingers under the rocker part and smashing my fingers ~ not once but many times. They decided that they wanted their stuff auctioned off after they passed away. This is the ONE thing that I really wanted and got!

Gotta get in my walk this a.m. or I'm going to find an excuse to not go. I'm anxious to weigh in on Friday at WW ~ I think I'm finally down 20lbs. from January.
Have a blessed day! Smiles lots! Hold the door open for the person behind you. Let that person with their blinker on get over. Say HI to strangers. Did I mention SMILE LOTS!

I've got a painting class this evening ~ we're painting pansies and I'll share those pics with you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I know what you mean about the cleaning thing. I do it ALL the time. So glad to see your sister has joined our blogging. I finally posted last night. Take care and enjoy class tonight. Hugs ~ Kim

Linda said...

Fond memories of you screaming after getting your fingers caught:)Just kidding of course but I do remember that chair and I am glad you were able to get it.
Love ya,
Linda

Alice J said...

Wouldn't the world be a better place if we all put on our turn signals before turning! I had a car turn in front of me this morning, almost hit my car and stuck her tongue out at me! Guess I wasn't going fast enough to suit her!!?
I don't think God wants us in such a hurry that we don't take time to smell the roses. That's why He made them.
But I am looking forward to class tonight to paint the pansies. Believe it or not, I went this morning to class at 9:30am! How foolish I have felt all day! Shows I'm getting old(ripe)!
AliceJ