Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Back from the beach ~


My oldest son got back from the beach yesterday with my sister and her family. They had a great time at Hilton Head and my son had a blast. He loves the ocean, sand and sun. He really enjoyed their trip to the top of a lighthouse which I'm not sure he's ever been up in before.
He is really tan and completly exhausted! Decided to pass on the pool today and hang out inside - it's way too HOT out there today so I was happy with their decision to stay home.

I've been working on a special project for some friends and it has to be done by Saturday as I'm delivering it next week. I can't share pics of it now as I know it would ruin the surprise but I'll share pictures after I've given it to them. It's something you'd find in England ~ hint hint!






I also created this mosaic letter for a kids class ~ Nicole is going to make them with her two daughters and friends daughter. Wouldn't that be an awesome little craft to do for a birthday party?!?













I also painted this sunflower tray for my sister to put in her kitchen. She just had it painted and is redecorating and wanted a tray for the middle of her table. So glad that she liked it. You should see the very UGLY fruit flower pots I made for her years ago. They really are hidious.



Have another paint class this evening - 8 ladies are coming to learn how to paint roses. I usually limit my classes to 6 but couldn't turn anyone away from this class ~ too excited to share with them how easy it is to paint this wispy rose.






It's so exciting to see the number of people that visit each day! Thank you for taking the time to comment ~ it let's me know you've been here and I appreciate your kinds words.

Well, gotta get back to my special project.
Have a great day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spy a water droplet on the sunflower tray......I can't remember if we are learning that tonight????? See you later:)

Anonymous said...

No wonder your son was tired. The sun really drain's energy but it's worth it. Your sooo lucky to have a pool! :)
That mosaic piece looks great! Thanks for sharing it with us!
*HUGS*

Linda said...

I love my tray. I have it sitting on my table right now. Not sure if I'll leave it there or put it in a stand. Looking forward to you coming Sunday.
Linda

Kim said...

Your son does look tired but I'm sure he had a GREAT time! Your "S" is so-o-o cute and creative. However, I absolutely fell in love with the Sunflower tray. I bet it is even prettier in person. Really enjoyed class tonight. I needed the stress relief after the afternoon we had. I wasn't sure about the roses at first but they are MUCH easier to paint so that alone makes me like them even more. I need to practice them as well as the new leaves but, as you know, practicing painting is not a problem for me! Hugs ~ Kim

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I am constantly amazed at your beautiful paintings. How wonderful you are able to teach others this talent. Love the tray, it's sunny and happy!
The mosaic S is great as well! You are one talented gal!
XOXO

Annie said...

It's nice to meet you Sandy! I love all your art. That letter is adorable. How did you make it?

I think it is so fun to find 'new' people in blogville.

Annie