Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Tuesday Tales ~
My dad had his second surgery this morning and is doing very well. They are watching some levels with his liver to make sure there is nothing else going on. My mom made it in today from Germany this afternoon and didn't know that he was having another surgery this morning. Probably for the best ~ or she would have worried the entire flight.

I taught a painting class yesterday and completely FORGOT to take my camera. I was a bit side tracked with everything going on. I made everyone in class promise to send me pictures and well, I've gotten one so far. They promised so I'm sure I'll get them and I'll add them to this post when they do.


We painted butterfly bushes and butterflies.



Mine



Alice's Welcome Sign

My latest ATC ~
this one is on the way to someone this week.








My Wednesday painting classes ~
We're painting on fabric aprons. Cabbage roses, Wisteria and Sweet Peas.



Cuisinier is french for cook

Another corner of my house ~

This is in the eating area of my kitchen. I fell in love with this hutch when we lived in England and my great friends Brian and Jean (my antique suppliers) brought it over the night before the movers came. I had absolutely NO room in my house in England for a piece of furniture this big (because I already had too many pieces of furniture this big in my house). We were pretty much wall to wall, inch by inch filled with furniture in both of the houses we had in England.

Anyway, I have a LOVE for dishes. I've always liked blue & white dishes. I don't decorate anything else in my house with blue so I find it strange that I'm attracted to them like I am. I also like dishes with blue and greens in them ~ like the polish pottery patterns that I have. The drawers in the bottom of the hutch are loaded with platters, cake plates and bigger plates that wouldn't fit on the top racks.

I'll share pictures from tomorrows painting class on Thursday. I have absolutely not ONE thing on my calendar for Thursday. I cannot remember the last time I had absolutely NOTHING to written on my calendar on one whole day. I'm actually looking forward to getting my house CLEANED. I am very ADDHD when it comes to cleaning - start in one room, take stuff to another room, get side tracked with something in that room and usually by the end of the day (sometimes) I get back to that first thing I was doing in the first room. Sound familiar? Do you do this too? Think I will take Heidi Swapp's tip and carry a basket around with me and put things in it that need to go to another room and take them to that room and put them away. Maybe the next corner of my house I share with you will not have as much dust on it as the one above ~ hehehe. Hopefully this picture won't show too much of it. Also on Thursday, I'm looking forward to checking out some of my favorite blogs that I like to visit - have had no time to surf and lurk!

6 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so glad you posted. I was concerned about your Dad but didn't want to call you this late. I know your Mom is relieved to be with him. I love the apron we are doing tomorrow! Your ATC is so beautiful and of course I really love it because it says FAITH! Alice did a great job on her welcome sign. I've bought several and will try one on my own when I get my craft room finished. Thanks for sharing your home. I love to hear how sometimes ordinary things become special and have a rich history. Take care and I'll see you tomorrow! Hugs ~ Kim

Jada said...

So glad your dad is recoving.I am still praying for him.

Danielle Muller said...

oh your dad....i will definitely keep him in my prayers. the Lord is mighty.

Christi said...

Oh, wow! I just saw the post about your dad...hopefully, he is well on his way to recovery and that there are no other complications. ((((hugs)))) Gorgeous sign! smiles...

Anonymous said...

SANDY IT'S GREAT TO HEAR YOUR DAD IS DOING WELL. I WAS NOT SURE IF THERE WOULD BE A CLASS TONIGHT SO I PULLED UP YOUR SIGHT AND THERE WAS MY ANSWER. AS USUAL, THAT APRON IS FANTASTIC.WE'LL HELP KEEP YOUR SPIRITS UP AND GIVE YOU SOME THINGS TO LAUGH ABOUT, PROBABLY MY PAINTING! JUST KIDDING YOU'VE ALMOST MADE AN ARTIST OUT OF ME.AND I CAN'T WAIT TIL NEXT TUESDAY.LISA

Dragonlady said...

Sandy, I do hope that your Dad will be getting better every day..I will add him to my prayers..
I enjoyed seeing the painting you do, it is always so great..I do love the ATC too...how do you hav the time for it all?....
Hugs
Brenda