Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend creating ~
What a chilly, rainy, cold weekend - one that was perfect to stay inside in my jammies and create. Plus, my neice and nephew came over yesterday and we had a good time playing with trains, light sabers, etc.

I made these roses out of coffee filters. I was checking out some blogs that I love to visit daily and Danielle had this on her blog (her rose is GORGEOUS). These roses were featured on Martha the other day and the lady that makes them has a webiste Mommy Makes Roses. You can watch the video if you go to here. She has directions and templates as well but I was too LAZY to do that and just went with it. I learned to make silk flowers when I lived in Japan many many years ago and just cut my own template. HOWEVER, I wish I had taken the time to get the pattern and directions and better yet - wish I had waited til I had floral wire (I do, but don't know where it is) so I used a wooden skewer as the stem. TIP: The floral tape does not like the wooden skewer and it was very hard to keep it in place. THEN: I painted my edges way too dark but it was the first test try and I'm sure that I'll get the directions and make them the correct way.




Here is my basket that I did for the May Basket Swap Artsymama organized. I love it. Some of the buttons I got from a swap I did last month Bonnie organized it and I got the buttons along with a bunch of other goodies from Lisa B. It's hard to see how much is going on it and around the basket unless you see it up close which is what my swap partner gets to do. Now, the funny part of that. I am not sure if Artsymama knew or not but my partner lives in the next town over from me. I emailed to let her know it was done and asked for her mailing address. I had to look twice and was surprised that I could drive it to her instead of mailing it - yippee! It won't get smashed up in the post.

I took the buttons and made them into flowers - the bee and butterfly are also buttons - too cute!

Spent yesterday afternoon getting ready for my painting classes this week.
I'm sure you'll remember this painting from last month ~ I taught this class twice last month and gave away the two originals in the ONEWORLDONEHEART giveaway that organized by Lisa and the other one (Yellow Hibiscus) I sent to my sisters mother in law as a thank you for all the times we visit TN and she treats my children like her own grandchildren!
I painted the yellow hibiscus today and Sharlee won the drawing and got to take it home with her today! They all did such a fabulous job on their hibiscus and am sure that they will paint it on many many things to come! Awesome job ladies!

Sharlee

Brenda


Alice

Since I have a schedule on when I clean things in my house - today my bathrooms get cleaned - I better get off this computer and get started!

4 comments:

Kari said...

Your basket is absolutely delightful!!! Wow! I had NO idea that you lived in the same town. What a small world! I'm sure she'll LOVE it and how fun that you can hand deliver it!
Kari

Anonymous said...

Great minds think a like my friend! I watched the rose video on marthastewart.com Saturday night after the golf tournament. The only reason I didnt try to make one yesterday is I dont have any floral wire that I can put my hands on! Too funny! Yours look great! Have a great bowling day tomorrow! Terry

Kim said...

Your rose is awesome. I watched the video. I need to put that in my queue for something else to try. I can't believe how much they sell for! Pretty soon you'll be teaching classes on making paper roses! You are just too talented! :o) Your ladies did a great job on their hibiscus. Your basket is just adorable too. It's always a pleasure to check your site to see what you've created. See you Wednesday! Kim

Dragonlady said...

Your roses turned out beautiful, I love them and I watched the video and saved the pattern and instructions....for yet another project to try someday....lol..

You may basket is gorgeous too...I LOVE the button flowers, you are so creative..

All the hibiscus paintings are great...I wish I lived close by and could take classes with you...

thanks for the link to the roses!
Brenda