Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Monday Paint classes ~
Today in both classes I taught the art of faux finishing.

We painted

wood grain


leather



















Frottage - (similar to ragging)








Black Granite



















Verdigris




Malachite






















Marble



and

Green Granite



















This was my morning crew ~ from L to R


Alice, Doriann, Nicole, and Jane















The evening class from L to R

Marilyn, Barb, Kim, Lisa & Ellen's art







Remember last week when I forgot my camera ~ well Nicole took photos for me with her camera and sent them to me. I could not for the life of me get them to crop on my photo program because they way in which they were sent so here they are ~ background and all.
Fall Scene Wall hanging class


Barb










Ruth
















Alice












Nicole


















Sherry











Tomorrow I will have a 3 hour paint class using the new Plaid High Definition paints. They are acrylic made to look like Oils with all the dimension and sheen you get with oil painting. We are painting birch trees and I'm really excited about this class.

Some of you have been kind enough to ask about an online class. I'm trying to work out the logistics of it all but think soon - possibly October sometime I'll do a blog paint class and once I get it worked out will invite you guys to come and paint "online" with me!

I'm off to go bowl this morning - didn't do so well last week ~ 132, 151, 147 ~ something like that. Hope today is better and will of course share those scores with ya in tomorrows post.

Have a fabulous TUESDAY!

13 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

okay, you need a leash for that camera so you don't forget it! It's hard to see the paintings with no closeups! I took a picture of my moonflower last night, and hope it came out okay...it was so beautiful and is a full 6 inches across...

Sandi McBride said...

Oh, and you need to come over and pick up your award...

Terri Steffes said...

I hope that online class works out. Love the faux painting!

Anonymous said...

Amazing, as usual...
The different faux styles are CRAZY, Lady!!!

Diann McDuffie said...

Those are incredible!! Teach me! I can do basic faux but you have some really beautiful techniques. I love the wood grain, the malachite, all the marbles, oh heck, they're all great!

Dragonlady said...

Oh, I am excited that you might have an online class...I do hope it works out...loved the faux painting, they look so real...
Brenda

Unknown said...

An online paint class! Great idea. Can someone who can't even draw a straight line do it? Love the faux painting!

Unknown said...

Lovely photos and such talent! Love it all!

Michelle said...

Y'all just look like you have so much fun!!!!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Wow, you have been so busy! I love all the painting, especially the faux finishing!

Always a joy to visit you, miss Sandy!
blessings,

Lidy

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I haven't seen those paints, are they pretty good?

Anonymous said...

yes, an online class!! so want to learn the leather look!

La Tea Dah said...

Sandy, your classes look like SO MUCH FUN! I enjoyed the faux class, and the birch trees on water, and the autumn scenes, and, and, and! I wish I could take a painting class from you!!! What fun y'all are having!

:) LaTeaDah