Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday's painting class
What a fun class we had today! I just loved painting this project and my snowman just made me smile the whole time I was preparing this weekend for our class. Everyone did such a fantastic job! Some painting for the very first time and you'd never know it with these completed projects! I'm sure that is what their friends and family is telling them "you didn't paint that" but they did and I have proof! Here are some great pics from our class today. We painted our snowman on a round papermache box and painted holly and evergreen with berries around the band of the box.
















From left to right - Marge, Chris, Lynn, Terry, Mauri and Nicole.

Mauri with her finished snowman!!! Don't forget Mauri - MORE PAINT on that BRUSH!! LOL


















Lynn and Terry with their finished snowmen ~ Lynn's a lefty! It's all turned around! BUT she does so much better than she gives herself credit for! =)

Terry has taken so many classes from me she just comes in and paints! LOVE IT!








Nicole ~ giving her beautiful snowman bunny rabbit ears! She is a character! What a hoot!

Marge and her finished snowman! What an awesome job!




Chris did an awesome job on her
snowman box!

GREAT JOB LADIES! I hope you had as much fun as I did teaching you all today! Don't forget to practice, practice, practice!

Remember about a month ago I mentioned that I was doing some goblets and vases for a wedding that is going to be in Texas - well, here they are finally.
The glass has such a glare and the roses look more white but are as yellow as the ones on the vase.


We painted a poinsettia plate at Convention this past summer and I hated mine so much that I put it in the dishwasher as soon as I got home and put the dish up in the cupboard. It's haunted me for months now ~ every time I went to get a plate out to set the table it's starred at me and begged to be painted ~ so here it is ~ all painted and much better than the one I painted this past summer!

Have a fantastic week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - everyone in your class did such a great job. I'm afraid if I tried that (I am not artistically inclined aside from scrapbooking) poor frosty wouldn't be recognizable! I am also really digging those painted glasses!

Glad to hear you are feeling ok without your diet coke! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW, LOVE that snowman....I am a snowman freak-so have been licking my screen...hehe!!