Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Goodbye my good friend
It's time to say bye to my good friend. You have always been there for me without fail. You were always able to lift me up when nothing else could. I don't know what I'm going to do without you as my friend.You were always bubbly and I'm sure you will continue to be so for your other friends. I just can't continue to be friends with you now as I'm trying to live a healthy life. Sometimes friends can poison our lives and it's just time for me to say goodbye for good. Goodbye Mr. Diet Coke. Goodbye and thank you for being my friend.

OKAY... I know a bit melodramatic huh? This is a big deal for those of you that know me really well. I always have a diet coke in hand but with 17 days left in my 38th year of life I'm starting to think that I need to make healthier choices in my life. I was going to cut out several things today but think I should give this a week to get over the massive headache I'm sure is coming.
I picked up some caffeine free diet coke yesterday and am going to keep it to one a day~MAX. I have to drink MORE water and start thinking about hitting the big "40" next year. I have to start thinking MORE about what I put into my body ~ I'm starting to see that old phrase come to life ~ you are what you eat! YIKES!

Here are some photos of my neice and nephew Hannah and Andrew. Aren't they adorable!
















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I agree that our neice and nephew look adorable!!!!!!
I will pray for you as you say good-bye to your friend. I can't believe that you are even going to try as long as you have been drinking them but I am proud of you and I know you can do it. You have inspired me to give up something too. Just to cheer each other on and encourage each other. I will give up SMOKING!!! Which ought to be pretty easy since I don't smoke. (HAHA) All kidding aside I know you can do it.
Love you,
Linda

Anonymous said...

WHEEWWW....I was sweating your opening statement...BIG TIME!! Glad I am not the friend that you are saying goodbye too, and I promise to support you and help you reach your goals. Hopefully I will be released to go back to my marathon training next week and you are welcome to join me for a 6.2 mile power walk three days a week! Lets get healthier together! Hugs, Terry

Anonymous said...

what adorable kiddos! cute cute cute!

LOL @ the beginning of your post. Best of luck giving up the coke. That can be so hard to give up. I tried (and actually succeeded) when I was prego with #1...but I succumbed to the power of Big Red after I gave birth. The headaches weren't fun - BUT what an accomplishment! you go girl!

Anonymous said...

Mom said.... Hannah and Andrew are precious. I especially like Andrews NOSE. Love all of the windows especially the santa (with Christmas just around the corner). I'll bring some pictures of other old world santa when I arrive for Thanksgiving and may end up shipping one back to Germany if you aren't too busy painting for a living. I have NOT said good bye to caffiene but I'll be nice and not drink DIET COKE around you.
See you all soon.
Love,
MOM