Monday, March 14, 2011

17 Years Ago....

Wow! Where have these 17 years gone? I remember bringing him home from the base hospital - my friend Kristina Rice had just flown in to see us and the morning after she arrived my water broke.  Thankfully she was there to watch our dog as we really hadn't thought about the dog. 

First thing I noticed when he was born was the obvious dimple in his chin - just like the one I have and the one my daddy has.  I think it was even the first thing I said.  After that I just remember saying - why didn't anyone tell me how much that was gonna hurt?!! 

I could gush and go on and on about how bright and incredible he is!  How generous, sweet and kind he is! I do love who this young man has become over the last 17 years! He makes my heart smile! His gentle kindness and goodness reminds me so much of his incredible daddy!

How proud I am to be his mother! My oldest is 17 years old today and my heart runneth over when I think about what a wonderful person he is! Happy Birthday to our sweet Austin!

Sandy

No comments: