Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Prayers & Painting

Prayers needed today for my baby sister - she is having surgery today (full hysterectomy) not a choice but a necessity because of other complications and issues. Please keep her in your prayers this week as she recovers and is hopefully able to REST ~ something she is not used to doing. She is the ROCK at her job and I hope they are able to leave her alone and figure things out without bothering her.




Monday we painted ZINNIAS.
I love the way this box turned out. I was thrilled with the background because I didn't want to just base coat it with paint as usual. DID YOU KNOW that PLAID has new STAINS out? They are awesome! The stain on this box is Cherry. There is also Maple, Oak, Mahogany, Italian Sage, Ebony, Barn Red Heartland Blue and probably a couple others I'm missing! You can get them at http://www.onestroke.com/ click on what's new. They also carry them at Wal-Mart but the selection is slim.





Gloria

This was Gloria's first class with me.
















Sherry
















Well, I best go and get ready ~ my newphew is coming to spend the day with me while his mommy is at the hospital! Please keep her and the doctor in your prayers today! THANK YOU.

Blessings,
Sandy

5 comments:

Sometimes It's Good said...

Your sister will be in my prayers. I hope she feels better soon.

I'm glad you're posting about your classes again. I love to see what you're up to.

Sugar Bear said...

Keeping your sister in my prayers.
Karla

Unknown said...

I'll keep your sister in my prayers. Hope she is doing well.

Terry Richey said...

Just stopped by to see if you had posted an update on your sister. Guess Don needs to fly my painting teacher up for some private painting lessons, huh? I miss you!

Terry Richey said...

The blogger cut out most of my comment! :-(
Just wanted you to know how much I love the stained box! I will definitely have to check out the stains. Wish I could paint with depth like you do. My flowers always look flat and your box looks like the flowers are actually sitting on top!