Monday, August 18, 2008

Birthdays, Anniversaries, Reunions, and more!
What a fabulous weekend we just had with lots of family fun and some special occassions to celebrate!
First off, my darling husband celebrated his 44th birthday on Saturday! I know I've told you all before but let me tell you again how incredibly blessed I am to be married to this man! He is the absolute best and I truly could not imagine my life without him!!



















Let's back up just a bit though ~ on Thursday my hubby and his siblings surprised their mother with her family all flying in from around the US to celebrate her birthday and anniversary. Her sister from Wisconsin flew in, brother and sister in law drove in from Texas and her neice and family flew in from California. She was quite surprised Thursday evening as she was enjoying the company of her children when in walked her siblings and their families. Friday, was a day filled with lots of stories, games, food and fun.
On Saturday my boys and I drove up to join in the celebrations and we celebrated my DH's birthday for lunch with some fabulous pulled pork BBQ with all the fixins and his favorite cake - german chocolate cake cooked as directed, poke holes in the cake when it comes out of the oven and pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over the top and a jar of caramel ice cream topping. Let cool and cover the top with cool whip and sprinkle with toffee brickle. YUMMY!!!
Later that evening my brother and sister in law prepared a fabulous dinner complete with roast, mashed potatoes & gravy, homemade mac and cheese (OMGoodness - to die for), green beans, etc. for my mother in laws birthday that isn't until the 28th but it's one of the reasons we all got together to celebrate. I made her a butter pecan cake with butter cream frosting
!


my fabulous father & mother in law















Our biggest surprise happened on Sunday after church. We reserved the fellowship hall at my in-laws church and invited their family and friends to join us in celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary. It actually isn't until October but again, since we were all home it was the time to celebrate it all! They were quite surprised when the preacher announced at the beginning of the service that there would be a party afterwards in honor of my in-laws 50th! We had a fabulous time and it was nice to visit with family members we don't get to see that often and have family photos done as well. Here was the big family photo.








My in laws cutting their cake























My hubby's only sister - Linda and our neice Gabby
























My husbands family
DH, Linda, Oma, Opa, David and Michael


















My mother in law & her siblings - Allan and Alice




















Lynne, Michael, and Dillon







Me and my boys!
Kendall, me, DH, Holland and Austin


















My husbands cousin - Kristin, her son Owen, Allan, Sharon, and Kristin's hubby Matthew.






























Oma & Opa and their grandkids























Owen and his Daddy swinging on the swing













It was so nice to see everyone and just enjoy each others company. As always I wish I had taken more photos.
Have a great day!
Blessings,
Sandy

10 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hi Sandy,
Looks like a great time was had by all!!
Great family photos!!
Congrats to everyone!
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Rosemary

Dragonlady said...

Looks like everyone had a grand time...lovely pictures..
Brenda

Linda said...

Wow that must have been a fun weekend. I hope Steven had a great birthday and Oma & Opa enjoyed all the suprises. I can't believe Steven has all that hair on his face. It looks nice. He must be enjoying retirement so far.
Love you guys,
Linda

tea time and roses said...

Hello Sandy!

What wonderful photos! Happy belated Birthday to your Dear Husband! One could clearly see that a good time was surely had by all! :o) There is almost nothing as enjoyable as a family and friends gathered together sharing lots of smiles, cheer, and fabulous food!

Smiles...

Beverly

Unknown said...

Oh what a wonderful family time. What great memories. I love that last photo on the swing, it's really cute.

Unknown said...

How fantastic! Looks fun for all!
Come by when you get a minute and check something out...I thought it was really cool and wanted to share! Part I & II!
Cheers!
Robyn

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I was so glad you took pictures to share with us. What a beautiful family you two have. I am going to make that cake for Sunday dinner. It sounds so good and my husband loves chocolate and Carmel. I am glad you all had such a special time.....Smiles for a great week...Mary

Sandi McBride said...

WOnderful photos Sandy...happy anniversary to your IL's...everyone seems to be having a great time!
hugs
Sandi

Ann(i)e Hafermann said...

nothing in the whole wide world beats time with family!!!!
:)
XOXO
Annie

Justabeachkat said...

What a fun special time! I enjoyed seeing all the photos, especially the one of you and your sweet family.

Hugs!
Kat