Friday, December 28, 2007

Sights of Christmas 2007


We started out with Christmas at our home on the 21st and then we headed the same day to my in laws farm.

Our Christmas tree at home













Christmas at the farm

I took pictures around the house and of the fabulously decorated tables at in my inlaws and hope they won't mind me sharing them with you all?!













Decorations on the tables - my inlaws built a rather large room on the back of their house many years ago and it's the gathering place for meals, games and hanging out.
My mother in law has some of the most unique and amazing decorations that she has collected from all over - several from Germany and Norway and things that have been in the family for what my husbands says is forever.


































































































These are some of my favorites - arent' these santas fabulous!




























































This tray is covered with vintage wrapping paper ~ would love to have a roll of several of these papers ~ imagine the crafting that could be done with those.

































































Here are two of my other favorites - they remind me of Cindy Lou Who.



















































































Another of my favorites the angle symphony





























Some of the cousins waiting patiently for gifts to be opened.

Kendall * Gabrielle * Austin * Dillon









There wasn't a shortage of food either

Lefse ~ a norweigian tradition that is made for the Christmas Eve meal. You warm it up slather it with butter and brown sugar, fold it up and YUM! enjoy.



Peppernuts and coffee cakes




We actually had one table just for the sweet treats.
















Our newphew and the youngest of the clan (until his sister or brother arrive next year) Baylor.














He kept us in stitches! What an absolute cutie!
































































The 3 aunts
(Oma in the background - my sweet mother in law)

Aunt Mary (my husbands great aunt) 91 yrs.old

Aunt Hattie (my husbands aunt) 79 yrs.old

Aunt Geneva (my husbands great aunt)92yrs.old






Christmas day meal with the family














The Christmas Eve meal is eaten by candle light and is just so traditional with norweigian yummies ~ swedish meatballs, kringla, sweske soup, lefse, and other delicious stuff (the spellings are complete guesses).








My sweet hubby and me





















Cousins ~
Austin * Gabrielle * Kendall * Dillon








When they weren't inside playing games they were outside playing basketball

























Dillon and Gabrielle playing guitar hero 3 that Kendall got for Christmas.



































Lynne, Dillon and Michael (my hubby's brother and family)
















The cousins
Dillon, Kendall
Austin, Holland and
Gabrielle














My husbands family
Michael, Opa, Oma, Linda, my hubby and David

and below with the (Aunts) Hattie, Mary and Geneva




I was the taker of this picture of the family




















my brother in law - David













My sister in law
Linda and niece
Gabrielle

















Our family
Hubby and I
Austin, Holland, and Kendall



















Opa & Oma







Another picture of the Aunties ~
Hattie, Mary and Geneva

















Gabrielle with her Aunts


Gabby and Aunt Lynne



















Me & Gabby


















Aren't these tree faces just too cute.
My sister in law Linda gave her parents
a couple last year for Christmas and
they've picked up several others here and there as they find them.










Oh my to get these children to lay in the leaves to get this picture - too much trouble - but too cute!











here are some things I painted for my Goddaughter and her brother and sister

























Here are some initial porcelain ornaments I painted for some friends












At our Dec. 17th paint class we painted a landscape with an old barn~













Connie






















Doriann





















Stacia



















Dawn













Ellen's















Barb






























Alice

















I came home from the farm and had these fabulous creation waiting in my inbox from J & J over at The Bowerbird's Nest. These two are incredibly sweet and have a fabulous blog that I hope you'll go by and visit by clicking here.










I also had a great award waiting for me from Miss Laurence ~ a you make my day award which I will give out to everyone on my favorites list - I can't pick just 10 of you ~ that is why you are on my favs! So please click on the picture, save it and post it on your blog from me!



I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Can't wait to come around and visit. I'm trying to get my studio in order and the house as well before my classes begin again on Jan. 12th.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings,
Sandy

25 comments:

Linda said...

Wow you kept blogger busy with all the pictures you uploaded.(hehe) I love the ones at the farm looks like you guys had a blast. All those decorations were fun to look at. You, Steven and the kids look great. I farm scenes your students painted are beautiful too.
Love ya,
Linda

Sugar Bear said...

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday. I played Guitar Hero 3 for the first time yesterday - boy is it hard! Happy New Year!
Karla

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

What a special Christmas you had. Love the pictures of your sweet family. Have a great rest of the Christmas week.

Justabeachkat said...

I love photos. Every day is a Kodak day for me. Photos bring back such sweet memories. I truly enjoyed seeing all of yours.

Congrats on your award and thanks for passing it on to all of us who love visiting you.

Hugs!
Kat
(BTW...love the new look of your blog!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy, such a lovely post, all those wonderful family photos, sound like you had a simply wonderful time at the farm!! Love the photo of you and hubby, a gorgeous couple you make :) And your three Aunts are grand ladies, a lovely photo! All your Norwegian sweets, mmmmm, we have a similar tradtion of Polish treats at Chrismas, far too yummy! Happy New Year Sandy :) Jenn and Jacqui

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Sandy!
Holland looked like he was having a GREAT Time at the kiddie table (remember those days?).
Don

Anonymous said...

Looks like a sweet family and great time. i think I would fit in well. Love the sweet table.

Unknown said...

What wonderful photos and memories! I especially like the photo of all the kids on the swing and lying down in the leaves. I love your new look on your blog, the blue color is so pretty with your banner. Have a great weekend!

tea time and roses said...

Wow what a Grand Christmas you had!! Your photos are beautiful and so are your family! Our Christmas Day was a lovely one, lots of smiles, joy and laughter...and of course plenty of candy, cake and cookies too! Wishing you and your lovely family a Happy New Year! Enjoy your weekend...

Smiles...

Beverly

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandy, your Christmas photos are just wonderful - the Christmas Eve table with all the candles - that is amazing. I love the traditions your family has - I love the fact that you still have so many of the family to share it with! Thank you so much for posting the photos! Merry Christmas to you and yours and the happiest of new years!

Rosemary said...

Thanks for sharing your fabulous Christmas with us.
You have a great looking family.
The 3 aunts are amazing!!!
I am getting my studio ready for the new year as well.
Happy New Year to you,
Rosemary

Michelle said...

What fun family photos! Great time of year for taking them. Glad you had a great Christmas!

Sandi McBride said...

My Goodness dear Sandy, after that post did you have to go lay down for a nap? Now you worked your heart out on that one! Seems you had a wonderful Christmas and aren't Jenn and Jacqui just wonderful!!! Love the red barn scene...and you have a beautiful family...precious pictures of the Aunts, too...
xo
Sandi

Adele said...

I can tell you had a wonderful Christmas. Your husband's family seems to be loads of fun. I bet those aunts have some stories to tell. I LOVE the Christmas decorations that you Mother in law has. I love that vintage tray and all of the unique decorations. I love the picture of your family. You are a nice looking bunch of folks! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful CHristmas together, New Year celebrations next ..... best wishes for 2008.
Carolyn x
http://willowhouse.typepad.com

Christi said...

hmmm, I left a comment, but I think that it disappeared into cyberspace. Thank you so much for sharing your holiday photos...so much fun!!! Happy New Year!! smiles...

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Gosh Sandy, I feel like I went with you. And I enjoyed all of it. Looking forward to a New Year and watching every body.

kari and kijsa said...

Sounds like so much fun...Happy New Year and a fabulous 2008!

Have a blessed day!

smiles, kari and kijsa

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post Sandy! Looks as if you had a christmas to remember. :) Thank you for sharing it with us! May you have an outstanding new year! *HUGS*

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Sandy, looks like you had a busy, busy week too...lots of fun family time. Have a great New Years!

Rhoda

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I absolutely loved seeing the pictures of your family! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time. I wouldn't mind trying some of that Lefse. I almost wish you hadn't described it so well. lol
Now I'm off to make some cinnamon sugar toast (it's the closest I'm going to be able to come to Lefse here in THIS house!).

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Seriously, are you and Linda sisters???

I was on Linda's site and saw a comment you made with "sis" in it...how cool is that?!?!?!

I am a BIG fan of DREAMING, as a matter of fact I have a personal motto..."Dream Big, God Does" and it has been something that inspires me to do more, dream more, and be more!

I am so glad that I found your site!

Enjoying it!
Melissa

Sandra Evertson said...

Happy New Year!
Sandra Evertson

~~Deby said...

These pictures were so great....isn't it wonderful to have such a great family....I love all of them,,,the foods...the ornaments..the trees...the AUNTS..Oma and Oppa.....great great pics...and then ...more talent from your pupils....a fun post....
Deby

Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Sandy! I love your pictures from the farm so much! I still have to get mine to you there similar but a little different... ill try to get those to you soon! I hope you and the rest of the shaks have an amazing New Year! I already miss all of you! I Love you guys!
Gabby