Sunday, May 20, 2012

Seniors Day at Church
Today at the early service they held a Seniors Walk for those in the graduating class of 2012. As soon as our service started they opened by playing the commencement music - okay - I didn't bring tissues with me to church today and so badly needed them. LUMP right in the throat and it just all hit me - Austin is about to graduate!

They had all of the Seniors march in and take a seat and then after one of the Seniors gave a very thoughtful and well said Invocation then we all sat. A teen choir group sang a beautiful song and they showed all the Seniors pictures (baby and Sr. photo) Not such a great photo - taken with a phone - urgh!
Anyway, then our Youth Pastor called each Senior up on stage, called their name and told where they were attending college and then our Pastor gave them a brand new (& very nice) bible.



Thought it was a great message especially for these Seniors about to embark on a new stage in their lives.
He encouraged them to strive for an Excellent Life ~ not to just settle!
He reminded them to keep the Faith and more importantly the Christian Faith! 
Encouraged them to seek real Friends that they click with and share the same values with.
Encouraged them to build trust in all relationships.
Talked about forgiveness and how important that was in life and ended with the fact that there is no perfection but striving for excellence and doing their best at all things in life was so important.

He then prayed and as usual invites people to the alter if they'd like to come up and pray and right as I was telling my husband to let's go get Austin ~ Austin turned around and looked at us (we were several rows behind him) and asked us to come up there with him to pray! As soon as we knelt down ~ let's just say the waterworks opened up! Again, no tissue!
Just so incredibly proud of this young man I've been blessed with and have had the honor to raise! Such a proud momma! Also loved hearing my husband tell our son how incredibly proud he is of him!

Gonna be a good week full of lots of emotions I'm sure! Lots of crying and I've gotten my little packs of tissues to carry around with me cause I'm not sure what will trigger the tears!

I have LOVED going through tons and tons of pictures these last few days and I still have many more to go through for a project I'm working on for his graduation celebrations with my family and my In-LOVEs.

All the memories from birth to present day and floods of memories coming with each photo! Lots of laughter and lots of fun and I'm excited about this week and all the memories we'll make leading up to graduation! 

Excited that my grandmother, parents and sister (&kids) are able to make it for the graduation and look forward to seeing my older sister later in the weekend to celebrate Austin and all his accomplishments! Then we'll celebrate with the McTiers and sadly won't be able to see a few that will be out of town but I know they are super proud of Austin!

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Sandy

No comments: