Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Painting Names & Clay Bouquets

Last week my middle sons girlfriend and her twin sister had a milestone birthday ~ "18" years old! He asked me to paint her a big "A" for Alabama (on a 30x40 gallery wrapped canvas ) and her name so I did that on a 12x24 gallery wrapped canvas. Kendall didn't want to leave her twin sister out so he asked me to also do one for Jordan so I found out what colors her room is decorated in and painted her one too. 









































Clay Bouquets ~
So for years now I've so LOVED creating with clay and flowers seemed the most natural to me since that is what I really love to paint. I've been so inspired by Diane Katsuyoshi-Phillips for years now and her amazing floral bouquets! I saw her on Martha Stewart showing how to do these amazing hydrangeas - you can see it on youtube - again - amazing!
So, I've taught many flowers and projects over the years and decided it was time we did an arrangement and many flowers so ~ inspired by Diane - we created these clay bouquets in a cute ceramic teapot.

























Sherry brought this gorgeous Rose Lily to class! Such a beautiful flower and the room smelled so good!





















Vicky

























Lanelle

























Sherry


Have a great day!
Sandy

1 comment:

Linda said...

Fabulous work! I love the name signs!