Monday, April 23, 2012

Norwegian Rosemaling
Today we had a fabulous class ~ we painted Norwegian Rosemaling. It's an art that I've LOVED for quite some time now! My mother in law has Norwegian roots and has quite a bit of the scrollwork art around her home that I've always admired and have always wanted to paint.
 
In February my friend Lori and I took a Rosemaling class at the Vegas Paints Convention and I so wanted to bring what I had learned back to share with my students. They LOVED it and all did such an awesome job on their paintings. I have a feeling they are going to be painting these fun designs on everything! I also realized after taking the class in Vegas ~ that the One Stroke Level 2 Cert. I took years ago totally prepared me for this style of strokework!

















































Jenny

























Vicki



Cyndee



Glo 




Barb


Sue



Mary




Sherry


It feels a bit like January out today ~ cold and very windy! Not complaining - it's nice to open the windows (even if it is only slightly so that things don't blow around) to let in the fresh air and give the AC a break!

Hope you have a great Monday!
Blessings,
Sandy

2 comments:

Cyndy said...

Really nice class, I am wondering how long a class was it? I am looking for some new teaching ideas and was wondering the time frame for something like this. Thanks...always love your work :)

baju muslim terbaru said...

Thank you for posting this. It’s exactly what I was looking for!