Thursday, May 15, 2008



Violets in a Vase
Wednesday in paint class we painted Violets in a vase. Some of my students have been asking to paint flowers in a vase that looked like glass.




















Roz

Roz won the drawing and got to take home the picture I painted in class.





















Lanelle






















Alice





















Barb
























Sherry






















Jenny

Jenny won the drawing and got to take home the picture I painted in class.

















I'm busy getting ready for our next clay class tomorrow - we're creating roses and rosebuds.

Today I'm playing BINGO with the wives group on base - it's the end of year program and it will be sad to say goodbye to some of my sweet friends CeeAnn, Kristi, Dorothy, and Mary Beth. That's the unfortunate part of military life - having to say goodbye to friends but on the flip side of that I wouldn't have had the opportunity to make life long friends like I have over the last 18 years if it weren't for the military life! Friends that even though we don't live in the same state or continent ~ we can pick up the phone or send an email and it's like we never went a day without seeing or talking to each other.

Have a fabulous day!
Sandy

9 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

It is always so interesting to see how each student's interpretation varies.
Karla

tea time and roses said...

Hi Sandy!

I love the violets...so so pretty! Your students are just fabulous, and of course their teacher is wonderful! Your blog is one lovely place to visit! Have a good day!

Smiles...

Beverly

Sandi McBride said...

I love violets..remember the song Sweet Violets (sweeter than the roses...) Roz was my pick!
Sandi

Terry Richey said...

Just popping in to let you know that although I dont get the chance to post much, I do read your blog everyday! Wish we were close enough for you to show me how to paint the glass vase and the water drop. Two things on my list of things to learn. I Miss you!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Breathtaking.....

The things you paint make me feel as though I am seeing the real things. They are so exquisite.

Hugs,
Mary

Rosemary said...

Wow!!
Those are great. I love violets.
The clear glass looks so good.
Thanks for sharing,
Rosemary

Gail McCormack said...

Well done to your students, and of course to you too Sandy, glass vases aren't as easy to paint as they look. It must indeed be hard to part with friends when you move base, what about your children, do they get upset changing schools?

Miss*Laurence said...

Hello Sandy!
Your glass painting is really effective. Still I still love Hydrangeas best ;-)))

Charlie McGee said...

Hi, love, love, love this piece. Did I mention that I loved this piece?
talk with you soon.
Charlie