Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Vintage Inspired Tole Tray Paint Classes

Had two fabulous paint classes yesterday teaching this Vintage Inspired Tole Tray that I designed. We painted the tin tray (from the Dollar Tree - yes only $1 tray) with Plaid Folk Art Enamels(TM).

I've always loved vintage tole trays and the black ones are my favorite! I love the blue and green ones that I've seen too but I just love how the flowers pop on the black.
I also love the Zhostovo style of decorative painting and think I combined a touch of that as well in this relatively simple tray to paint.

I painted three designs but we painted the oval design in class together.





Barb
 

 
Mary
 





Roz
Glo
 
 

Sue
 
 

Sherry
 
 

Patty
 
 

Lisa
 
 

Jenny
 
 

Deborah
 
 

Fran
 
 

Spending the day in my studio tomorrow PAINTING, PAINTING, and PAINTING some more! I've gotta get my projects ready for another trip to Vegas Paints and taping with my friend Dawn at Interactive Artist Magazine! I can't wait to take some amazing classes and see my friends!!
Have a great day!
Sandy

No comments: