Sunday, July 20, 2008

What I've been up to lately ~
It's been a busy week with kiddos, hubby finishing his last day at work (he officially retires from the USAF in November), playing with clay and painting.
So the week started off on Monday with dentist appts. for the boys and we knew it was coming but didn't anticipate it coming so quickly - my middle son is ready for braces!
They had a cancellation so he had his spacers put in on Monday and has his braces put on tomorrow ~ YIKES! Two in braces. I could have purchased a car for the amount that we've put in their mouths - sure do hope they appreciate their pretty teeth as they grow up. My middle guy is a candy/gum fanatic and I'm sure this is going to be a hard transition for him.

Yesterday, I purchased this clock on clearance at Hobby Lobby - it was orig. $20.00 and I got it on clearance for $4.00. It screamed at me loudly to become a sunflower so I had to comply and this is what I created.














































Studio Home Dimensions Clay - Sunny Side Up and Butterscotch.




















The other thing that has been screaming at me to do something with it is this cute little canvas and easel that my friend Lori gave me (thanks Lori)!

I finally got out my High Definition paint and came up with this little didy. It's a 2x2 canvas and is I think the smallest thing I've ever painted on.




























I started painting earlier in the week and covered up a canvas I had painted with something else on it and decided that roses were going to be painted on it.








Then I painted this for a new friend of mine! She doesn't know it's coming so I hope she'll be surprised.














Friday I had a clay class and we created a vase with Studio HD Clay Holly & Berries. I knew we were going to finish early so we also created a hibiscus. It was so good to see these ladies - I haven't had a clay or paint class since the end of last month with my convention.




























Roz




















Barb























Kim















Speaking of my convention - here are some of the things I painted that week



I took a faux finishing/wall borders class with an amazing artist April Numamoto and this is what we painted.








I loved this class as I have all of this fabulous artists classes -Angela Anderson! She is amazing and one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet. Her and her sister are absolute riots and always bring so much energy and FUN to convention.










Here are a couple of pieces we painted in Donna's Grand Session


Fabric Painting



















High Definition painting













I've also been getting ready for my classes the next couple of weeks. We're painting Johnny Jump Ups, Cherries, Calla Lilies, and Clematis. I cannot wait to see my ladies and I have several new students this month so I'm excited to share my passion for painting with them.

Have a fabulous day!
Sandy

24 comments:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

That clock is precious!
You amaze me with your talents... you saw sunflower. I saw that it time to cook dinner :-)

Michelle said...

It looks like you are creating lots of wonderful things as usual! Hope you are having a great summer!

Rosemary said...

Hi Sandy,
Thank you, I am feeling better!!
Your clock is so cute!! What a transformation.
Love all of the painting that has been going on.
Good luck with your families happenings!!
Rosemary

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Look at you, you talented girl!

Oh, two in braces. Eek. Been there. My oldest daughter's teeth cost me probably $7500. Or more. Add daughter number two and YIKES that was a load of money! My son is just 8. Hopefully we'll have time to save up!

Of course, braces seem like pocket change next to college. And the wedding. GULP!

Happy weekend,
Melissa

Dragonlady said...

Hi Sandy, Thanks for stopping by my blog today....I love all of your paintings and the clay things too.. but my fav is the transformation of the clock you did, that was awesome....
You are so very talented....
Brenda

Anonymous said...

The clock is terrific. Certainly your talent does not come from me. Guess I'm too practical. Can't imagine both Austin and Kendall in
braces. Oh well, time rushes on.
Love ya, Grandma

petrii said...

Sandy,
Get out of town!! That sunflower clock is the cutest thing!! Sunflowers are my fav ~~ growing them in the garden ~~ GREAT job!! I love all the things that you do ~~ you are very talented.

Braces ~~ yuk ~~ my Dakota is out of 'em and we are soooooo glad!!

Have a GREAT week,
Dawn

Barbara Jacksier said...

So much creativity! I feel like a real slacker.I haven't painted anything in months.

Sandi McBride said...

It's all so beautiful, but the last one, the HiDef is my absolute favorite...I wish had the talent you have for painting! Girl, you rock!
Sandi

~~Deby said...

Beautiful work....don't know if I have a favorite...they are all gorgeous...think I love the totebag...well, I can't do this..I love them all....
Deby
btw...my dh retired AF, about years ago....

Justabeachkat said...

You're amazing! Love it all, especially the painting for your friend.

Yikes...two in braces!

Hugs!
Kat

Kim said...

You know, I have stuff 'scream' at me all the time but it just says, buy me so you can paint on me. I'm still waiting for them to tell me what to paint on it. You keep telling me it'll get easier so I guess I'll just have to be patient. I LOVE the roses. We have to do that one in class...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! The tiny little canvas is so much cuter in person! It is absolutely adorable. I know I'm forgetting something, but I've had a BALL painting and "claying" with you since you've returned. Can't wait until Saturday! Hugs ~ Kim

Unknown said...

What fun! Great stuff girly!
Hugs,
Robyn

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Yor talents are so amazing. That clock is simply wonderful. Your new friend will love the painting....Have a great week...Mary

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

The clock is adorable!!! ...but my fetish for beautiful Christmas decor had me drooling over the holly vases!

Sugar Bear said...

Love what you have been working on. The clock came out perfectly. Ah braces - I remember those days. I can definitely say I'm happy my parents made me go through it and I appreciate the straight teeth!
Karla

Anonymous said...

I ended up on your site in that random way of the web but have enjoyed seeing your work and most especially was surprised to hear the "Numai Ei" song - which you don't often hear on the web ! I have to say I also enjoyed quite a few of your other tunes too.

Best wishes :)

Unknown said...

I love your sunflower clock Sandy! You are so creative. I really like the fabric painting also. None of my kids ever needed braces and I was extrememly grateful for not having that expense. Sounds like you are really busy these days. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work! I love the clock. It's an amazing message. Although I do not know if this is what you intended. I see it saying that it's time to open your petals and you will bloom into something beautiful. I'm corny, I know...lolololol
Love everything that you have shared with us. :)
*HUGS*
Angela

Linda said...

Great work as always San. The clock looks really cool. I am sure the boys will be ever so greatful to have straight teeth when they are older. :)
Love ya,
Linda

Nerissa Alford said...

Sandy ~ I've been away too long! Your work is stunning. I don't think I can pick a fave in this post. Congrats to you & your hubby on the retirement :) And I do hope your sons thank you two for the dental work.
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Nerissa

Sandi McBride said...

I have an award for you at my place hon, come pick it up!
Sandi

sugar said...

So pretty, like a big scoop of sunshine! I also had 2 in braces, get some good books, you will be in the ortho's office alot!