Monday, February 18, 2008




Happy President's Day!



What a difference a day makes! We had terrible storms roll through - a tornadoes hit just 15 minutes north of us and the wind and rain was unbelieveable. Out with the storm though went my terrible headache that had been around for 4 days. I woke up feeling full of energy and ready to get this house cleaned and ready for my boys to return home - 3 of them anyway. My DH and 2 older boys went to the farm to visit Oma & Opa and hang out with their cousin Dillon. DH went up not feeling so great and brought two sick boys home with him. I also got a call from the lead chaperone on the D.C. trip and asked if she could give my son cough medicine as he was coughing uncontrollably. She was there were about 6 students that weren't feeling so great and were going back to the hotel with a chaperone for a rest after lunch. He called me last night to let me know the medicine helped and they were about to have open mike night. He told me he was going to sing SLOW RIDE. OMgoodness, never thought my boys would be singing 80's rock songs - Lovin' guitar hero and listening to the oldies and so are the boys.




I did manage to be a bit creative this weekend with CLAY.

I painted a slate heart for Barb last week and decided to replicate it with Studio Clay.

Then, when we were at certification we SAW how to create an iris and although I took notes I couldn't understand them. I should have written down everything but was watching, trying to write down the important parts and when I tried to follow the steps I had written it just didn't make sense. So, I went on what I think an iris looks like and came up with this.


Thanks for all the comments, emails and especially prayers for me and this flu. I am feeling better today and so appreciate knowing you were thinking about me!!



Gotta go and take care of my boys and put rooms back together after moving furniture and washing floors.


Have a wonderful week!


Smiles,

Sandy

16 comments:

Charlie McGee said...

Hey girl,
glad to hear you are feeling so much better. When I read your blog about the iris I remember that I hadn't sent the pictures that I took of Donna doing the Iris, but I've got to tell you, your Iris is sooooooo......much better. really. and I love the leaf. It is beautiful. Did you add the yellow the same way that she did? and you made the iris leaf my hand, right? It is beautiful. I'm so proud.

talk with you later,
Charlie

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Thai si how an Iris is suppose to look,Beautiful. I am so glad you are feeling some better....Smiles

Terri Steffes said...

Glad to hear you are better but take it slow and REST. You'll end right back where you started (do I sound like your mama yet?)

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy,

I love your work with clay, it's so pretty. And I am glad you are feeling better. I hope you have a great week and that energy stays with you the whole time!

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...you can do anything! You amaze me!

Hope you're feeling all better real soon.

Hugs!
Kat

Christi said...

I just love what you are doing with clay...just gorgeous!!! I hope that everyone is well on their way to getting healthy! smiles...

Anonymous said...

The iris is just brilliant well done, sorry to hear that you have been unwell hope your recovery continues at all speed!
Carolyn
http://willowhouse.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy, so glad you are feeling better :) Back to the usual chores, washing floors!! Would rather be painting!! Jenn and Jacqui

Unknown said...

Love the music on your blog, brought tears to my eyes, friend! I am glad that you are feeling better! And back to crafting too! You are so very talented Sandy!
Thanks for stopping by too I love seeing you there.
Hugs,
Robyn

Sandi McBride said...

glad you are feeling some better...I love the clay-mation...and the iris, too
hugs
Sandi

CIELO said...

Oh, what a lovely Iris.... thank you for stopping by my house in the roses and for your nice comment.... may our Father of Light give you the brightest star!

Happy day to you

Cielo

kari and kijsa said...

Shhhh...today is the SURPRISE BLOGGY BIRTHDAY PARTY for Kari's 40th birthday...hop on over for a little cake, diet coke, and birthday cheer!!!

blessings,
kijsa

Nerissa Alford said...

I didn't realize you had the flu. Take care :)
Your slate heart & clay iris are beautiful! The heart looks really cool with the clay. I wouldn't have thought of doing that.

Get better soon
Nerissa

Unknown said...

OMG tornados so close. Glad you are okay. Your clay creation looks wonderful. Glad that you are feeling better. Blessings, Karen

Anonymous said...

I'll say it again...I JUST LOVE YOUR MUSIC! I'm on top of the world, lookin' down on creation....
Laaaa Laaaaaaa....... I just wanta sing everytime I visit your blog!!!
You clay work looks amazing!! :) Thanks for sharing with us!!!
*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Sandy :) us again, just popping by to say thank you for your lovely comments on our blog, we are gonna miss you :) We are most likely to pop uo when you least expect us :) Jenn and Jacqui xoxo