Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Playin' with clay...again




Yesterday in clay class we created daisies, bees and ladybugs.


Everyone did such a fabulous job and I think they'll be making lots of daisies and critters to come!



Jennifer

This was Jennifer's first class with me - she was visiting her mom (Kim - below) and came along to clay class with her! She also won the drawing and got to take home the project piece I created in class with them.
















Kim




















Carol
























Elaine























Alice






















Last week I had a clay certification at my house and Sherry and Roz attended.
We had 3 days of intense creating with Studio clay by Sculpey! They learned how to create some amazing projects and did beautiful work!






































































When they were covering their votives I decided that I was going to cover something to show them how to cover a seam, etc. and had this ugly orange candle holder that my friend Lori gave me last summer. I covered it in clay that was textured using one of the Studio by Sculpey texture makers and it screamed dessert platter to me - couldn't you just see it covered with yummy pink cupcakes!!





































After my certification on Saturday I continued to play with clay and make some things for the upcoming workshop I am hosting here in May with Donna Dewberry and my youngest wanted to play with some clay - he's so creative! I usually give him all the scraps of things I've been working on but told him that if he needed a particular color for something he could use it.

The first thing he said when it saw the Cappuccino colored clay was "I could make a hamburger" okay, so away he went creating a hamburger loaded with cheese, lettuce, ketchup and to go along with his burger - fries and a big pickle. Too cute!! I have to admit that usually when I have my stuff out I'm trying to finish a project for a deadline or class so he doesn't get to always sit along and play while I'm creating - but I really should do it everytime I have it out because he is so creative and I just love to watch the wheels turn while he is playing with the clay and tools and making some of the coolest things!



Have a fabulous day!
Sandy

2 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

LOVE the dessert platter. SO adorable!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I really like it all. have a sweet week..m.