Thursday, January 15, 2009

You know you've been away too long when....you forget your password to sign in to update!

That's what happen to me yesterday. I was going to update and didn't remember my password until my hubby and sat down and updated some files on the computer.

I've been playing with clay lots - Will share some of the others when I am able to but this is one I can share. My friend Lori gave me all these surfaces/project pieces in November that didn't sell at her garage sale cause she knew I'd do something with them.

Well, when I looked at the toothbrush holder I wasn't quite sure at first what I was going to do with it but this is what popped into my head!

It's made with Studio by Sculpey clay and I just love the way it turned out!





Last week I went back to Florida and assisted with a Level 2 certification. I had so much fun and I just love being around that many people that have a passion for painting! Ladies from all over the country (one snowbird from England) and of course hanging out with Donna Dewberry is always inspiring!



I've also gotten back to teaching classes after a way too long break. My last class was around Dec. 21 and we were back on Monday ~ painting peonies. I sure do miss my students when I take a break. They give me so much more than they know!!
mine






Josie





Sue








Sherry





Nelda
It was Nelda's first class with me ~ she is such a sweetie!
It was also her birthday and she won the drawing and took home the project piece I painted with them in class.







Ann



















Sherry










Yesterday we painted Narcissus(Daffodils) on this beautiful oval slate.








I got to present Roz with the bag she won for the holiday drawing I did! She was so thrilled to win and receive a new tote bag signed by the Donna Dewberry! (What's going on with my hair?eew)














Jenny
















Roz

















Sherry















Tonja

This was Tonja's first class with me and she jumped right in and did such a fabulous job.












Kim
This was Kim's first class with me ~ didn't she did a fabulous job! (We bowl together on the same bowling leaque) and we're now friends on Facebook too!
Kim won the drawing and got to take home the project piece I painted.









I'm getting ready for the One World One Heart giveaway (this is my 3rd year participating) that I'll post here on Jan. 19th! Make sure to come back and see what I'm giving away as well as clicking on the EARTH button on my sidebar to check out the others giving away items. I think last year there were over 400 participants! How cool is that.
I've also been busy getting ready for my very first STUDIO HOME DIMENSIONS CLAY CERTIFICATION! It will be held Feb. 12-14 here in Middle GA and if you live in the area and want to come/want more information check out my website at http://www.sandymctier.com/ under the certification page!!
January has always been a GET ORGANIZED month for me ~ every year. I wish I were able to stay organized through out the year so that come the new year I didn't have to take a week to get it all together and organized. Old habits die hard though. Hubby and I have been going through drawers (those dreaded junk drawers) and yesterday we made it through only 2 - yes, I have more than 1 ~ shameful I know.
Well, the drawers, closets, cabinets and other hidden cluttered areas in my home are screaming at me to get them cleaned so I'll see y'all later!
Blessings,
Sandy

6 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

Beautiful!

I am glad that I can now follow your posts! Yippee!!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I can't believe that is sculpey--I thought it was a cake Ü.

Unknown said...

Toothbrush holder.....you always amaze me at your creations! Great job as always and I'm glad you had fun in FL.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Fabiolus as always. Have a great weekend!!!...m..

Alice J said...

Sandy,
Now if that isn't a creative mind for you! A TOOTHBRUSH HOLDER!!!!
Whodathunkit?
You rocked at Certification!
Have a blessed day!
AliceJ

Anne said...

Hi, Sandy! I'm impressed with your Sculpey clay skills! Nice painting, too! :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog for OWOH!