Thursday, April 08, 2010

Straight from Winter to Summer!
Well, we went from being COLD to nice and HOT weather this week! 90+ temps after it had been in the 50's and rainy which seemed like forever!! Think we are paying for it too now with the pollen! I have never had allergies but the pollen sure did affect me like crazy today - stuffed up, swollen, watery eyes and tickle in the throat that won't go away. So, today a nice storm was certainly welcomed to settle all the pollen.
Isn't this wisteria bush gorgeous!
It's in my yard and you can smell it a mile away - full of bees so a mile away is good for me!
















Had a great clay class last weekend - the ladies of Gamma Pi Omega AKA in Fort Valley came and created some beautiful things to go on mirrors for a competition. They told me about 3/4 the way through class that they have won the last 4 or more years - no pressure on my part since I was teaching them all something NEW! They ALL did such beautiful projects though and I'm confident they will WIN! What a fabulous group of ladies too ~ Thanks Ludell for organizing it! I look forward to seeing you ladies again and GOOD LUCK!





















































I have to tell you all how much I'm loving Facebook!! Today my sisters and I all chatted on the phone about friend requests we received today and they were from our best friends from like forever ago when we lived in Oceanside, California. I had searched for my very first ever Best Friend Deanna but couldn't find her - it helps to know the correct spelling of her last name - I was in the 3rd grade okay! Anyway, I know my sisters had looked for Deanna's sisters Valerie and Kelly as well but again - spelling!
After some chatting back and forth with Deanna on FB today ~ I made hubby pull down a huge Creative Memories photo box I have of a lot of childhood photos and found this one of Deanna and I with some neighborhood friends. We cheered for the Broncos!
It's so awesome to reconnect with friends from years past and lots of years have past since Deanna and I saw each other but I still have such fond memories of our friendship!





Aren't we cute? Bet you can't guess which one is me??
Have a great day!
Blessings,
Sandy

2 comments:

Patty said...

I totally want that wisteria bush! Glad you had a good time with the ladies ;)

Charlie McGee said...

I know what you mean about facebook. I'm getting connected with so many old friends and even family that I've lost contact with other the years. I'm loving it.